Sunday, May 11, 2014

I'll always remember


       I remember my 5th grade teacher. I remember the kid that made me believe I was worthless, because I was "fat, ugly and stupid." 

      I remember the Mulberry tree between my fence and the field; and how we'd always climb it and pretend it was our fortress. I remember how half of my tennis shoes had purple stains from the berries on them. 

       I remember the Lilac bust between mine and my Grandparents house, where I would always pick "bouquets for my Grandma and Mom.

   I remember the stupid Woodpecker that ruined our shingles.

       I remember my first love who broke my heart. You made me learn a lot and helped me grow. But I regret that I didn't realize everyone was right. 

    I remember the 3 kids that commit suicide my sophomore year and wishing that I knew them and could've helped them in anyway possible. 

I remember pouring myself into fantasy novel after fantasy novel, because anything was better than reality.  I remember when I thought I couldn't write anything. 

    I remember how happy creative writing made me.

                              I remember the day my world flipped upside down. I was 11. I remember the first time I saw my Dad cry. It was at my grandpa's funeral when we were all standing next to the casket and praying. Each tear seemed to rip even more holes into my heart, because I knew if Dad, my strong tuff Daddy was crying then everything wasn't going to be ok for a while.

I remember when I wanted to die my hair pink, oh elementary school.

                I remember being crazy and not caring what people think. I remember getting hit in the head with a bat and how my head seemed to ring for days afterwards. 

           I remember having my Mom come and wake me up in the summer so that I could see the Highland fling fireworks. 
            
                             I remember the day I realized my Savior loves me, and how I cried tears of joy.

I'll always remember waking up an hour early on Saturdays so I could hurry and beat my brother to the tv to watch the cartoons I wanted. I remember my disappointment when I saw he was already there.       :)  

1 comment:

  1. "I knew if Dad, my strong tuff Daddy was crying then everything wasn't going to be ok for a while." I got cold. I liked this post

    ReplyDelete